Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cold Spring Day Cooking.

Today I made a busy day for myself. I made my Apple Maple Oatmeal (click for recipe) again so that I could take a good picture of it. Not quite sure how I did. Maybe it's time to upgrade my camera.




 Then I also wanted to capture a good image of the Sweet Potato Comfort Food (click for recipe.)  I had some ground meat and onions cooking for another dish so I after I snapped some photos I had a nice lunch on this cold Spring day.



I finally got to quantify and photograph my Babaganoush (click for recipe.)



And since everything can’t always go right, my attempt at adapting Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins was less than perfect. I don’t think they cooked long enough and even though they looked fluffy when I took them out of the oven to cool, they sank quickly.



The taste was good but they are quite heavy. It was the first time that I've used palm kernal shortening in baking. I think this will get adjusted soon and hopefully I will be posting a success!

Eat well and be well,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment